Code of Ethics
- Lone Star REIA members are expected to be civic minded and willing to operate with high standards of honesty and integrity. It is our duty to conduct ourselves with the highest principles of the free enterprise system.
- As Lone Star REIA members, we hereby bind ourselves to this code of ethics.
- We shall recognize that real estate is a service related industry.
- We shall refrain from engaging in any illegal practices, or defrauding any member, customer or associate, with the aim of always conducting business in a professional manner.
- We shall endeavor to stay informed and updated on matters affecting housing in our communities, and adhere to local, state and federal laws.
- We are all individually responsible for our own due diligence and continuing education. Members are expected to verify any and all assumptions regarding business decisions to prevent falling victim to fraud, misrepresentations and illegal practices.
- We understand and agree that Lone Star REIA, LLC is not responsible for our actions or investments in any way whatsoever.
- Further, if any allegations of conduct considered detrimental to the purposes and interest of Lone Star REIA are received in a written and signed communication to the Advisory Board, the Ownership will consider the matter. Should a decision to take further action be made, the Secretary shall furnish a copy of said allegation(s) to the accused, who shall be given adequate time to reply. Thereafter, Ownership shall take such further action as it may deed proper, up to and including expulsion from membership in Lone Star REIA.
Lone Star REIA does not give legal, tax, economic, or investment advice. Lone Star REIA disclaims all liability for the action or inaction taken or not taken as a result of communications from or to its members, officers, directors, employees and contractors. Each person should consult their own counsel, accountant and other advisors as to legal, tax, economic, investment, and related matters concerning Real Estate and other investments.